Setting Disc Format Properties
Before formatting and writing your DVD disc, DLT, or hard disk files, you must configure
your disc’s format properties. Most of these settings can be made at any time in the
authoring process. Additionally, you are given the opportunity to set these after you start
the format process.
The preformat disc properties include the following items from the Disc Inspector. See
Setting Disc Properties
for details on these settings. These same settings are in the format
dialog that appears when you start the format process. In all cases, the items appear in
the same tab in both the Disc Inspector and the format dialog. Any differences are listed
• Disc Name: Located at the top of the Disc Inspector and in the General tab in the format
• DVD-ROM: Located in the General tabs. The size of the DVD-ROM content appears in
the format dialog.
• Disc Information: Located in the Disc/Volume tab.
• Volume Information: Located in the Disc/Volume tab of the format dialog. Shows the
volume creation date.
• Playable Region Codes: Located in the Region/Copyright tab.
• Copyright Management: Located in the Region/Copyright tab. The Macrovision settings
are disabled in the format dialog because these must have been set prior to building
• Destination: Located only in the format dialog’s General tab. See
Output Type Settings
for more information.