Setting the Transition Parameters
The Transition tabs in the Slideshow and Slide Inspectors are identical—the only difference
is that the Type pop-up menu in the Slide Inspector has a “Same as Slideshow“ choice
that the Slideshow Inspector does not have.
• Start thumbnail: Shows the video frame that a still transition will start from.
• Transition thumbnail: Provides a preview of a still transition when you click the Preview
• End thumbnail: Shows the video frame that a still transition will end with. This thumbnail
is empty in the Slideshow Inspector.
• Transition: Choose the type of transition to use. In the Slideshow Inspector, this sets
the default transition for this slideshow, which you can override at each slide.
• not set: Disables transitions for this slideshow or slide. (Even with “not set” chosen
for the slideshow, you can set transitions at each slide.)
• Still Transition: Creates a transition clip based on the chosen transition and its related
• Same as Slideshow: Only available in the Slide Inspector. Sets the current slide to use
the transition settings in the Slideshow Inspector.
• Preview: Click this to preview the current transition in the Transition thumbnail area.
• Parameters: Contains the parameters for the current transition. Each transition has its
own set of parameters.